The Book Sale is usually held on the first Wednesday (1:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.), Thursday (10 a.m. – 5 p.m.) and Saturday (10 a.m. – 5 p.m.) of each month, as follows:
- Wednesday, July 8th; Thursday, July 9th; Saturday, July 11th
- Wednesday, August 5th; Thursday, August 6th; Saturday, August 8th
- Wednesday, September 9th; Thursday, September 10th; Saturday, September 12th
- Wednesday, October 7th; Thursday, October 8th (no Saturday Book Sale in October)
- Wednesday, November 4th; Thursday, November 5th; Saturday, November 7th
Location: Friends Book Cellar
Come and check out the Friends Book Sale!
The Friends Book Cellar offers gently used books, magazines, DVDs, CDs and much more for incredibly low prices. All of the proceeds benefit the Southfield Public Library. Show your Friends Membership Card and receive a 10% discount on Book Cellar purchases. Payment for items must be cash only.
Donations in good condition are accepted year round. Please place books in the book chute by the Circulation Desk along with magazines not older than three months. Do not put audio visual materials down the chute; hand them to staff at the desk. Take large quantities of donations to the Receiving area on the north side of the Library. Large donations are accepted between the hours of 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. Monday – Saturday only. Your donations keep our book sales successful!
To find out more about becoming a Friend call (248) 796-4397.
The Friends of the Southfield Public Library is a volunteer, non-profit organization of people like you who believe that a dynamic, exciting Library is crucial to the education, well being and success of our community and its residents.