This year’s selection, Once in a Great City by David Maraniss, takes a look at Detroit at a time that may be considered by some as one of its shining moments…the early 1960’s. The car companies were booming, the music scene was swinging, the civil rights movement was growing. Yet, Maraniss shows us the shadows that were hiding behind all that success and how, if one was observant, the decline that hit the city was easy to predict.
David Maraniss will be here to discuss his book on May 22nd & 23rd, 2017. Tickets will be available at the Fiction Desk on the second floor beginning Monday, April 10th.
Creecey Book Club: Once in a Great City by David Maraniss
- Tuesday, April 11th at 2:00 p.m. in The Southfield Room
- Wednesday, April 12th at 7:00 p.m. in The Meeting Room
Further Author Visits
- Date: Monday, May 22nd @ 7:00 p.m.
Location: Birmingham Community House
- Date: Tuesday, May 23rd @ 11:00 a.m.
Location: Detroit Institute of Arts
- Date: Tuesday, May 23rd @ 7:00 p.m.
Location: Shaarey Zedek Temple