Our Group Study Rooms are located on all three levels of the library and are available for small groups on a first come, first served basis for free.
Group Study Room Policy
- This room is restricted to the use of groups of two (2) or more. Two (2) people must be present in the room at all times.
- The Library does not provide individual study rooms. There is a Quiet Study Room located on the 3rd Floor for use by individuals.
- At least one group member must be 18 years of age or older.
- Use of this room is on a first come-first served basis. Groups must have at least two (2) members present to request the use of an available room.
- No food is permitted. Covered beverages are allowed.
- A vacated room will be considered abandoned after 15 minutes and assigned to the next group. Any personal items remaining in the room will be removed to Lost & Found.
- Group Study Rooms may not be used for private social functions such as showers, birthday parties, etc. Programs involving the sale, advertisement or promotion of commercial products; have admission fees or are fund raising, are prohibited. Violation of these policies can result in removal from Library premises.
Please see a Librarian for access to Group Study Rooms.
Meeting Room / Auditorium Rentals
The Southfield Public Library’s Meeting Room and Auditorium are no longer available for rental. Groups looking for rooms to rent may contact the City of Southfield’s Parks and Recreation Department at (248) 796-4607.